Can I open a business out of my home?

The City of Jonesboro has a Home-Based Business Permit.  For any business that a person is wanting to open within their home, they must comply with the City of Jonesboro Codes, which limits the type of business’s that can be operated out of you home.  Permitted Home Business’s typically involve office use without employee’s, inventory or storage.  Please contact the City of Jonesboro Planning and Zoning Department to apply for a Home-Based Business at (870) 932-0406.

Show All Answers

1. Are the City of Jonesboro Codes and Ordinances Online?
2. What does Grandfathered mean?
3. Do I need a permit for my residence?
4. What do I need to apply for a Commercial Application?
5. Signs, do they require permit for my business?
6. Does Banner Signs require permits?
7. I would like to place an off-premise sign advertising my business, service or organization, along city streets or on other property. What are the City's requirements concerning this type of signage
8. Does a fence require a permit?
9. What is the zoning for a particular property?
10. How do I determine if a lot is buildable?
11. What can I do with my property?
12. What are the building Setbacks?
13. How can I find out the building setbacks for my lot?
14. I would like to add an accessory structure (swimming pool, detached garage, deck, etc.) to my property. What are the limitations for such structures?
15. Can I construct a guesthouse or second dwelling on my lot?
16. What is my permit status?
17. How do I obtain a zoning certification letter?
18. Can I open a business out of my home?