NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING – CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
The City of Jonesboro, Arkansas will be applying to the Department of Housing & Urban Development for funding assistance to undertake eligible activities of approximately $573,150 under the 2015-16 Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG).
Funds must be used for one of the following purposes:
1. To benefit low and moderate income persons
2. To aid in the prevention or elimination of slum and blight
3. To meet other community development needs
The purpose of this hearing is to:
1. Inform citizens of the funding level for the program year and solicit citizen feedback on proposed projects
2. Report on the year 2014 CDBG activities
3. Solicit citizen input on community development needs
Public participation is vital to the program’s success; therefore, we encourage the public to attend one of the Public Hearings, which will be held on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015, at the flowing locations:
1. ? Municipal Center, 300 S. Church Street, Jonesboro, AR 2:00 P.M. (1st Floor Conference Room);
2. ? E. Boone Watson Community Center, 1005 Logan Ave., Jonesboro, AR 5:30 P.M. (Community Room).
The CDBG program is citizen driven. As throughout the year, all inquiries are welcome and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly to the Department of Grants & Community Development, 300 S. Church Street, Jonesboro, AR or call Heather Clark, Administrator, at 870.336.7229.