The City Council will hold a meeting on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Center, 300 S. Church Street. You can view the agenda on Legistar: http://jonesboro.legistar.com/
Jonesboro City Council Chambers – Meeting Procedures
Effective June 9, 2020
These procedures will be effective for the Jonesboro City Council, Council Committees, and other city board/commission/committee meetings that use the Council Chambers.
- Council and board/commission/committee members may attend meetings or participate via video conference.
- The limit on the total attendees of the room is 28. First priority is city officials (Mayor, Council or board/commission/committee members, City Attorney, City Clerk, and three staff). Second is media. Third are members of the public who have testimony or questions on specific items on the agenda for that meeting and who sends an email CouncilComments@jonesboro.org at least two hours prior to the meeting to reserve a seat. Remaining seating will be based on first in line at the door to the Council Chambers at the time of the meeting.
- Persons who will not be in the Council Chambers but desire to make comments or questions to the City Council or Committees may do so by one of the following:
* Drop documents at the east door of the Municipal Building clearly marked “City Council” or the applicable Council Committee – prior to two hours before the meeting.
* Email to CouncilComments@jonesboro.org either prior to or during the meeting.
* Telephone 870-336-7248 during the time of the agenda item.
* Persons to address specific agenda items may also request to be included on the video conference. (Requests should be made at least two hours prior to the meeting to CouncilComments@jonesboro.org.)
- Council and Council Committee meetings and certain board/commission meetings are available to view through:
* Legistar Live Video (http://jonesboro.legistar.com/)
* Suddenlink Cable Channel 24
* City of Jonesboro’s Facebook Live stream (www.facebook.com/cityofjonesboroar/)
The following procedures will be in place for meetings in the Council Chambers.
* Face coverings are required for all persons present.
* Seating will be arranged to maintain a minimum 6-foot distance between Council members, staff and the public attendees.
* Persons may not enter if they have temperature in excess of 100.4, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, recently had pneumonia, have returned from overseas travel or from states/metro areas considered hot spots for COVID-19 within the past 14 days; or they have had known exposure to someone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days.