Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The information requested on this form will be used to determine your eligibility for a Special Event Permit with the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Department. This form must be filled out to it's entirety in order to proceed.
Special Event Permits are required for events that are exclusive to the City of Jonesboro Parks facilities and ONLY affect the park and/or park facilities. Such events include, but are not limited to: walk-a-thons, athletic tournaments, festivals, and/or other organized activities.
Other qualifying events include, but are not limited to:• Events that are advertised and/or are open to the public• Events with a participation fee• Events that go beyond the scope of "normal" park use• Training runs or walks of 30 or more people• Non-profit organizations or individuals sponsoring smaller and/or on-going classes or programs• Events that require partial or exclusive use of an area of a park or park's facility.
Other qualifying activities include, but are not limited to:|• Use of amplified music• Use of PA systems• Bands or Disk Jockeys• Use of bounce houses• Large tents (20'x20' and larger)• Outside catering companies or food trucks• Any event involving the sale of food or other items• Races, fishing tournaments, sports, or other organized competitions• Any event where tickets are sold or fees are charged for participants• Weddings
If you are not sure if your event requires this permit or not, please contact our Administration Office at (870) 933-4604.
Please NOTE: New events must submit their application AT LEAST 90 days prior to the event.
Repeat events must submit their application AT LEAST 60 days prior to the event.
** Special COVID -19 InformationThe City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right and maintains sole discretion over the decision to cancel or postpone any event held in/on City Parks property at any time due to COVID-19.
Type NA if non-applicable.
Examples: Joe Mack Campbell Park, Craighead Forest Park 5K Trail, etc.
Include exact areas - Pavilion 5, Gazebo, 5k Trail, West Court, Field, etc.
***NOTE: facilities must be available and reserved by applicant prior to the approval of this application
Examples: teams, volunteers, staff, etc.
If yes, where and when?
If yes, what is the name of the individual recipient / Organization recipient?
Save any document as a PDF file first, then upload
If yes, list the name of the individual, their phone number, and name of company they work for if applicable.
If yes, list the items in detail and where they will be left.
**NOTE - any propane or other hazardous chemicals must be constantly attended
**If yes, you must upload a Vendor List and copy of City Privelege License
Save any document as a PDF file first, then upload.
If yes, list type(s). Examples: loudspeaker, bullhorn, portable loudspeaker with built-in microphone and amplifier, DJ setup, etc.
If yes, list the type, size, quantity, and location(s) for each structure. Examples: stage, large tents, bleachers, inflatables, etc.
If yes, list the lots, hours, and areas to be used.
If yes, list the type and quantity.
If yes, explain.
Special Event Permits, when approved, shall be issued subject to the following provisions:
1. All activities and arrangements for advance preparations within the above named unit, shall be at the direction of the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director.
2. Rules and regulations of the City of Jonesboro and City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Department unless specifically exempted or otherwise noted shall be observed by the applicant(s), employees, agents, and/or contractors.
3. The only special activities granted to the applicant(s) herein are those which are listed in writing on the permit.
4. No structures or sets may be constructed unless specifically provided for and described in writing, no digging or excavation is permitted, and no shrubbery or trees are to be cut, trimmed or injured. No additions, alterations, modification, or decorations may be affixed to any Parks and Recreation facilities without specific written approval from the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director.
5. Fires will not be permitted except upon the specific written approval from the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director and under specific direction.
6. Vehicles under the authority of the applicant(s) will be parked in areas designated by the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director.
7. Applicant(s) will control all traffic and vehicles associated with the event as directed by the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director.
8. Applicant(s) will maintain the permitted area in a clean and sanitary condition and will restore the area to the condition in which it was received to the satisfaction of the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Department.
9. Applicant(s) will repair or be billed at the discretion of the City of Jonesboro any and all damage to the park facility or any City property which was a result of the applicant(s) activities. The City of Jonesboro will be the sole judge of the extent of damage and the extent of repairs required to remedy the damage. All repairs will be performed to the satisfaction of the City of Jonesboro.
10. The City of Jonesboro may require at its discretion, the following special conditions:
a. Fire control measures and additional firefighting equipment to be furnished by.b. First-aid service to be supplied by applicant(s), including ambulance service, doctors or nurses.c. Additional police protection and/or traffic control personnel. Policing of the event will be provided by applicant(s) and at own expense.d. Parking arrangements required for applicant(s) operating personnel.e. Additional sanitary facilities as required by the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director. Sanitary facilities over and above those furnished by the City of Jonesboro may be provided by applicant(s) and at own expense. The applicant(s) may be charged a fee based on the number of hours and job classification of City personnel required to meet any special condition.
11. Unless otherwise specified on the Special Event Permit, the City of Jonesboro agrees to provide the following services, if available or appropriate.
a. Maintain public restrooms.b. Provide fresh water.c. Provide electricity.d. Provide garbage cans and remove refuse.e. Clean all areas prior to occupancy by applicant(s)
12. The applicant(s) may be charged a permit fee in addition to normal park fees, based on costs incurred by the City of Jonesboro, size and scope of the event, and prevailing fees for commercial facilities in the locality.
13. Depending on circumstances and probability of occurrence, the applicant(s) may be charged a damage deposit as determined by the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director. Costs for damage repair and any fines or penalties for noncompliance with permit conditions will be deducted from this deposit. The City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director shall determine if all or only a portion of the deposit is refundable.
14. The City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director may terminate without prior notice any special event activity when it is necessary for the safety and enjoyment of the public for the protection of resources, or for violation of any rules or regulations of the Department of Parks and Recreation or conditions of this permit. In addition, any Special Event Permit may be cancelled without notice in the event of disaster or unforeseen emergency.
15. It is an express condition of this permit that the City of Jonesboro, its officers, agents and employees shall be free from any and all liabilities and claims for damages and/or suit for or by reason of any death of or injury or injuries to any person or persons or damages to property of any kind whatsoever, whether the person or property of the applicant(s), its agents or employees, or third persons, from any cause or causes whatsoever while in or upon said premises or any part thereof during the term of this permit or occasioned by any occupancy or use of said premises or any activity carried on by the applicant(s) in connection therewith; and the applicant(s) hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and to save harmless the City of Jonesboro its officers, agents and employees from all liabilities charges, expenses (including counsel fees) and costs on account of or by reason of any such deaths, injury, liabilities, claims, suits, or losses however occurring or damage growing out of same.
16. For events having greater potential hazard or liability to the City of Jonesboro than is incurred through typical daily park activities, the applicant(s) will be recommended to provide the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director with a certificate of insurance with required endorsements as proof of liability insurance coverage. The policy will cover the period of the permit and will be in an amount no less than one of the following as determined by the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Director:
• Public Liability $300,000 each person, $500,000 each occurrence. Property Damage Liability and Products Damage Liability $200,000; OR• Combined single limit (CSL) $500,000 per occurrence; OR• Combined single limit (CSL) $1,000,000 per occurrence.
Insurance policies shall be underwritten to the satisfaction of the City of Jonesboro and shall contain the following special endorsement:
City of Jonesboro, its officers, employees, and servants are included as additional insured but only insofar as operations under this contract or permit are concerned;
The insurer will not cancel or reduce the insured's coverage during the period that this permit is in effect or without 30 days prior written notice, whichever is shorter, to state.
This cancellation provision shall not be construed in derogation of the duty of the applicant(s) to furnish insurance during the entire term of the permit.
17. The parties signing this contract for the Organization agree that they each have the full power, right and authority to bind their respective entities.
Type First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field