The duties of this department include plan reviews, overseeing Arkansas Fire Prevention Code compliance on new construction and remodeling. This department is also responsible for performing electrical, plumbing, HVAC and structural inspections on residential, commercial and industrial construction.
All inspectors are State Level Plumbing and HVAC inspectors. All personnel within the department has a lateral capability of performing all phases of inspections from start to finish.
The following is an updated list for all applicable codes used within the city limits of Jonesboro Arkansas. (Updated January 1, 2023)
- 2021 Existing Building Code
- 2021 (IEBC) International Existing Building Code
- 2021 (AFPC) Arkansas Fire Prevention Code (AFPC) Vol. I: Fire
- 2021 (AFPC) Arkansas Fire Prevention Code (AFPC) Vol. II: Building
- 2021 (AFPC) Arkansas Fire Prevention Code (AFPC) Vol. III: Residential
- 2018 Arkansas Plumbing Code (APC)
- 2021 (IMC) International Mechanical Code
- 2020 (NEC) National Electrical Code
- 2018 (AFGC) Arkansas Fuel Gas Code
- 2014 Arkansas Energy Code (2009 IECC w/ supplements & amendments)
- 2003 ICC/ANSI A117.1: American National Standards(ADA requirements)
Takes approximately 3 to 5 days from date submitted to Planning.
- Submit application to the Planning Department
- Planning distributes to Engineering for all flood plane issues
- Inspections does final approvals before issuing Permits
Note: When submitting to Planning with application ensure that you include foundation, walls and completed roof details. These must be in the plans in order for the Inspections department to issue the building permit.
Takes approximately 5 to 15 days from date submitted to Planning.
- Submit application to Planning
- Planning distributes plans to the Engineering, Fire Marshals and Inspections department for review.
- Once all reviews are completed and signed off the Inspections department will complete their review and sign off and issue Building Permit.
Note: Due to the commercial being more complex for review please ensure that at least one set of plans is wet stamped and signed by Architects/Structural Engineers, following complete code analysis listed above.
Request an Inspection
To schedule an inspection, email firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of what you need.